Good morning all,
Please find attached the draw and schedule for Sunday.
Also below are notes from the Tournament Director – Jamie Carpenter
A Reminder for Instructors and competitors for the New Zealand Mulimpia:
- Competitors are required to bring their own mouth guards and sparring gloves
- Shoes are compulsory for Bamboo cutting for the competition and also the seminar afterwards
- Only the Paper-cutting swords provided may be used
- The individual Gumbup will be performed with two competitors on the mat – If a division only has one competitor then another competitor from a different division will take the mats so there is always two people performing. They will still get Golds due to not having any competition but will just perform with another person.
- At the end of the Haidong Gumdo Sparring, if any player wishes to have another fight(s) – Find an opponent willing to fight you and line up at Mat 1 after fight 10 and get on the mats for an opportunity to have more mat time.
- An “impromptu” bamboo cutting seminar will take place after the bamboo cutting session. Master John Tysoe has agreed to take those with little to no experience, through the basics of cutting.
- There is NO food sold at the venue – please bring food. Otherwise a Countdown Supermarket is 5 minutes walk away.
Haidong Gumdo New Zealand